Saturday, April 17, 2010

Now almost 5 months....


And boy is he coming into his own! He basically drags me around the land now! If we're not careful we can wind his way around our legs and we have to step lively from being tripped!

That said, he usually a real sweetheart - little barking of whining with the occasional fit of pique. I'll try to get a face close up as his markings are excellent!

I think I mentioned that the breed was almost extinct after WW1 and 2 after looking about pets vied with humans for food source., which is my understanding. A French man by the name of Michel Comte revived the breed in the 60's, 70's and 80's, much to my (and Paul's delight). There are just a few breeders in the US so we felt fortunate to get Max. The breeder we used was Rufnit Kennels and their level of professionalism is to be strongly commended. In fact I have been in touch with said Mr. Compte and plan to correspond and send photos as Max grows and develops. Such a small, small world!

No comments:

Post a Comment