Friday, April 23, 2010

No tell motel in Waynesboro




P and I traveled to Waynesboro TN with Max (of course) to look at a variety of properties and farms. Waynesboro only has two, um, overnight accommodations, and only one accepts pets. When we first drove by I said that I might consider sleeping in the truck as the majority of this 1950"s era motel has only 3-4 rooms that aren't rented by the week or month. However, we've stayed at sketchy fish camps when flyfishing and at the NRA Whittenton Center in New Mexico. I decided if it was clean with no bugs visible I could stay. After all, Max was staying...

I called the motel a little before we checked in to see if they had wifi so I could go over the properties we were to see. The woman who answered said "what's that?". I said "you know, internet access". She said "hole'on" and then yelled (without covering the phone) to the handyman and said "this lady wants to know somethin' about the internet". The handyman came to the phone and said while the motel did not, the business across the street did, but that he shut it down at midnight. Ah, ok, I'll be asleep by then. We had dinner and checked in. The business across the street with the unsecured wifi? The flea market. I kid you not. And it was FAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment