Monday, June 14, 2010

Traveling with Maxi!

Last week we went to Greensboro, NC for P and a few other pro/ sponsored shooters to put on an exhibition/ gun range experience for a business called IonBond. IonBond coats gun parts with diamond like carbon using physical vapor deposition (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that!) - as well as many other enterprises.

IonBond has plants all over the world and this week their "big-wigs" came to Greensboro for a several day meeting. We were the entertainment since some IonBond staff don't know exactly how or why the product is such a niche market for precision firearms. Many staff were from Asia, Scandinavian areas, Italy and many other accents I just couldn't place!

The many of these fellas (one girl, but she was 8 months pregnant) had never touched a firearm before. With my gimp foot, I decided I would be the safety officer and keep a watchful eye on these folks with no firearms experience, etc. Everyone did well and had a great time. It was much fun and I hope we have the opportunity to more things like that in the future.

Now, Max. He came with us to G-boro and stayed at a La Quinta (pets stay free!). However, on the shooting day we boarded him at Lucky's Day Spa since he's not quite old enough to be exposed to AR-15's and the like. I admit I was jealous of his spa day until I got a big whiff of the kennel!

A great time was had by all! Thanks, IonBond - let's do it again when I'm not hobbled and let's get some girl shooters. In my opinion, girls learn better from girls - see Babes With Bulllets camp which I attended in 2006. A slumber party! With bullets and gun butter! Who could ask for more.



No comments:

Post a Comment